Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weekend at the Cabin

Our good friends, the Pacini's invited us to a no kids-couple's weekend in their wonderful cabin. When someone says they have a "cabin" I never know what to expect as that word can describe such a variety of accomadations. I went expecting zero electricity and lots of mice but was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to large comfy beds for everyone, a big screen tv and a Nintendo Wii; now that's my kind of cabin!
I was also happy to discover our friend Jamie is a night owl like myself as we were the last ones up talking until about 3 a.m.
It was also my first night I've spent away from my daughter and I have to admit I had to fight back tears leaving her at my sister's but I knew she was safe and we had a great time; it was actually really relaxing. (Thank you Cherie for watching her and Sammy!)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Glad you were able to get away for a little while.

Becky said...

Looks like fun. I can't believe it but, I use to work with Craig at the Church before I had Bailey. It is such a small world!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like tons of fun. I can't believe you got a weekend without kids. How would that be?

nicole said...

What a fun little get-away! That sounds like my kind of cabin too! (I'm not a big out-doorsy kind of person). I know what you mean about how hard it is to leave the little ones behind. I always look forward to just getting away with John, but then I find myself feeling so anxious to get back to my little Ruby girl.
How cute is Cherie for taking her for you guys!?
I'm glad you had such a great time!

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend. I remember my first time away from Gavin, it was while I was at girls camp. I cried each day until Ryan had to finally bring Gavin up for me to see. It's easier to leave them as they get older.

Elizabeth said...

Yeah, Craig was the Mission President in Italy so it seems like everyone knows them. They're a great family!

Sandrine (CreoleArt Photography) said...

It is hard to leave the kids behind but that is such a nice little break especially when you are in a nice and cosey cabin!!! Lucky you!!